HTML5 game : mouseOver?

Hi,

Is this normal behavior for an HTML5 game ?
MouseClicks are working fine, but the MouseOver cursor change (default arrow to hand) isn’t happening …

Other info : 2D game, unlit sprites, blueprints, packaged as ‘desktop game’. MouseOver works fine in standalone Win64 game.

Hi siska,

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • What steps are you taking that reproduce this on your end?
  • Do you have anything else that may be consuming the mouse over information?
  • How are you calling the mouse over event?

???
My reply to you isn’t here ? Strange …

Anyway.
MouseOver works fine when I pack the game for standalone Win64. It also works fine in the editor. Not in the game packed for HTML5.
However, mouseClicks work fine in the HTML5 game.

The game is 2D. I have a bunch of Actor BPs with papersprite components, where I scripted the mouseOver events like this :

71816-mouseover1.png

And something similar for the mouseOverEnd event (setting the cursor back to the default arrow).

I have tried creating a blank project with just my GameMode, PlayerController, orthographic CameraActor, and an actor BP for testing the mouseOver event, but I can’t get past the ‘SyntaxError: malformed Unicode character escape sequence’ … :frowning:

Hi siska,

I was able to reproduce this on my end and have entered a bug report, UE-24797, to be assessed by the development staff.

Thanks
&
Happy Holidays !