okay so i’ve used UE 4.6 and 4.7. And done a lot of troubleshooting trying to get this working over the last week.
basically follow the following steps.
- download engine source off of github.
- run setup bat file to download dependencies
- build engine in Visual studio
- run engine, creating new blank project
- add c++ source file to project ( mainly as a test and to create the source folder)
- build project in VS
- try to build game for html5 in engine. It fails giving the following gist:da2c5697fca4612d2605 · GitHub ( long log )
I’ve also tried building and using unreal frontend to make the project which was a suggestion from other forum posts. It doesn’t seem to work. It builds indefinitely ( left it run 8 + hours overnight)
Sometimes it does actually fail after 30 minutes. Here’s the log when that happens.