HTML5 based save game in blueprints

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I’m looking for a way to generate a save file for my web based game. I would like to make a server based save so people cannot tamper with the data that easily. Yesterday I was at EGX at the Unreal stand and while they were all very helpful, they couldn’t help with this problem so it seems this is a hard nut to crack.

Any help is appreciated, thank you! :slight_smile:

…I’m not sure if you want this type of saving but anyway.

If you want something server sided you might wanna go with mysql directly getting stuff from your game into your database.

While you’re at it this pretty much only works with user accounts so you will have to check.

I personally would go with the approach cookieclicker used, using encrypted values in any format you like as it makes it a lot easier on your end to manage it.

Hi Erasio :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply. Any ideas how can I make that work in blueprints?

Mysql is not possible in blueprint and encrypting something theoretically is but you would have to write it yourself from the very beginning.

Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

I am asking “in blueprints” 'cause I cant write a code.

Well if you really want to secure it in a serious way you gonna have a really really hard time with blueprint only.

You may as well just rely on the normal savegame function. I mean if someone wants to get something or cheat they can easily unless you check everything on a dedicated server if whatever is happening is legit.

Look in SaveGameSystem.h, A new implementation of FGenericSaveGameSystem would be needed to push game saves to a remote server.

Blueprints already expose Save game.

I have the same issue! I can’t generate the .sav file after packaging HTML5

Could you please tell the details of how to do this?