HOWTO Sync an actors animation across the network when a a pawn interacts with it by userinput?

Hi all.

I ran into an issue trying to get an actors animation state/pose synced to clients.
Let me explain what im trying to do and whats happening with my current graph.

What i want to do is that, when a player enters the (onoff) colision sphere set around my APMine, it will then cast the controls.
So by pressing (E) you will toggle if the APMine is on or off. I have made 2 animation sequenses/states for when the mine is on or off.

Now whats Happening.
(Event Begin Play) sets the APMine to its off state. Works as expected. i see on all clients that its in the off state.
Now if (player 1) walks up to the APMine he will see the animation played when presses the (E) button.
Switching over to (player 2) and take a look at the APMine. it is still in its off state.
So basically the players only sees their own interaction with the APMine.

My Variable APMine Armed is set to be of type RepNotify.
I have also tried calling animation changes directly from (On Rep APMine Armed) function. but still its not updating the state over the network.
My hunch is that with the (E) button does only client sided stuff and cant be sent to the server. not sure tho.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Here is a screenshot of the graph controling that part.

My Variable APMine Armed is set to be of type RepNotify.
I have also tried calling animation changes directly from (On Rep APMine Armed) function. but still its not updating the state over the network.
My hunch is that with the (E) button does only client sided stuff and cant be sent to the server. not sure tho.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

After messing around a bit, it seems that the root of my problem is that none of the players is the owner of the apmines.
So using a event that runs on the server. will not work, the rpc call will get droped on the client which kind of make sense.

I saw a c++ function that allows you to set a new owner, but that isnt much of help to me.
Nor could i find any blueprint functions for setting a new owner, only getowner.

Is there any workarounds for this or does anyone got any ideas on how i can solve my issue ?

test on the new dev kit on the UE launcher with the total conversion mod, maybe you will have acces to a setowner here :wink: