how would u get a chacter to equip a weapen and then unequipit?

yeah. I want my chacter to pull out a sword from his back and put it back. help?

If you’re sword is just some random actor, attach/detach it to a socket/bone as you see fit.

Otherwise, look into creating some sort of inventory system that will do it for you.

1. Create “pull out” and “put back” animations for the character. Mark the “in the back scabbard holding position” frame as an animation marker.
  2. Put a Socket on the character’s hand to put the sword in.
  3. Bind key P to play the pull-out animation, if not currently held. Set the held flag. When triggered, bind the animation marker to attach the sword entity to the socket on the hand.
  4. Bind key O to play the put-back animation, if currently held. Clear the held flag. When triggered, bind the animation marker to detach the sword from the socket, and attach to the back.

jwatte has a good flow of how that can be done.
I have a video link that will straight-up show you what jwatte just explained in a nutshell.

However, I have to wonder why they would have a sword in their back to begin with. That has to be quite painful, therefore why in the world would they want to put it back?