How would I create these meshes on a curve?

Hi I’m trying to make a stair case out of meshes. What I’m doing is setting down two meshes then I have used a lerp to add extra meshes between them. This is working great if the stair case is in a straight line however if I rotate the end section it create a straight line with some each rotating as it goes down. Like this:

288714-staircase.png

My hope is it would curve. Like a spiral staircase.

This is the code I’m using:

Thanks for any help.

It would probably work better with a spline:

I think that vid I gave shows you how to make a BP spline and the mesh is a param. It will space the meshes evenly along the spline and they will follow each other, which is what you want, no?

Only two actual spline points:

I played with spline for a hour, and I can’t figure it out. All the tutorials want you to build the spline in the editor then reference it. I want to build it in the blueprint.

I tired this but it doesn’t work at all:

Thanks for the help I really do appericate it ClockworkOcean.

However my sticking point is not spawning the meshes on the spline, my problem is creating and laying out the spline within the blueprint.

In the example video you sent he lays out the spline in the editor. I need to do it in the blueprint.

I’m actually getting closer. I can set the two points.

My problem now is it does not have the curve that I needed, just a straight line. I think I might have to set the tangents.

Thanks again.

I just used this, it seems to be heading in the right direction:

( it’s just a actor BP with a spline component )

Ah, so you want to make ‘procedurally generated steps’?

You don’t want to place the spline in the editor?

BTW, yes. You need to set the tangents at start and end. I got it look exactly like spiral stairs later with just two points and setting the tangents…