How would I create a laser from wall to wall that doesnt move?

I am looking to create a laser effect from wall to wall that does damage to the player if contact is made. I will want to place multiple and so far all the tutorials I have found do not explain in enough detail what they are adding to blueprints, etc that they are really hard to follow. I also need it to only use the starter content as this is for my university project! Thanks.

theres two basic methods you can either use a collision volume and overlap events or use a line trace on a timer.

the method using a collision volume basically you just have the volume represent the where the laser will be and then for the script you have on begin overlap → cast the other actor to the character class → if true apply damage.

the line trace is a bit more complex but still not that hard. on begin play creating a looping timer with a short interval (0.2s) that calls a custom event. this custom event simply does a line trace, break the result from the trace, then get the hit actor and cast to the character class, if true apply damage.