How to you mute a TV using a widget button while using a media player?

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while now and can’t seem to get it to work properly. Someone has previously tried to accomplish a mute button in this thread

At the very bottom of that thread is what I’ve tried to mimic.

So here’s what I’ve got so far. The first person character walks up to the TV and a TV controls menu pops up because I’ve got a collision box rigged to make that happen. When I turn the TV on the video plays with audio and when I hit the mute button it works but when I try to unmute the TV the audio doesn’t play anymore. In fact when I turn the TV off and on again it doesn’t play again. Even when I exit the collision box and re-enter it the audio for the TV seems to be permanently disabled.

I’ve kept the default sound class the same which is called “Master” because I’ve got other sounds in the scene like ambient noise etc.

I’d like it to act just like a normal TV would.

I’ve attached a lot the details of my current setup in the hopes that someone spots something I’m overlooking.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long winded question I just wanted to thoroughly explain what I’m trying to do.
And thanks in advance for the assistance.