How to verify Unreal Engine? Epic Games Launcher cannot find the installed location.

Hi, how does one verify Unreal Engine? Everytime I start up PC, Epic Games Launcher cannot find the UE installed location.

This means every time I shut my PC down, and start it up, I have to reinstall Unreal Engine, just to use it. The installation process itself takes a few hours, so that loses a lot of time for me to work. If I try to reinstall it at the same location, it would say the file directory would have to be empty.

When I try to verify it, the option box is greyed out and doesn’t allow me to click on it either. So it seems unable to find the location it was previously installed at. Would really like some advice for this! Thanks.

Hi Dayumitsskai,

I’m unsure how to troubleshoot the launcher issue, but once the editor is installed it is not necessary to use the launcher to start the editor.

The editor exe is a bit buried, but until the launcher issue is resolved try creating a shortcut to “yourinstalldrive\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor.exe”

Hope that helps! Welcome to the Forums.

1 Like

run the exe directly and it should fix up

I’m having the same exact issue. I am using a Mac.