How to use UFactory to import several external files into one .uasset

Hi people!

I have an external middleware that generates a bunch of binaries and metadata spanned across a somewhat rigid directory hierarchy. I want to set up a pipeline where those files would be auto-converted into .uassets whenever the middleware creates new files or modifies existing.

I’m checking UFactory now but cannot make it do what I need.

My goal is to create or modify a .uasset each time a pair of binary-metadata files are regenerated by the middlewhare, e.g. SomeObject.bin and SomeObject.json should together create SomeObject.uasset. However, UFactory import is triggered on a per-file basis, and for .json, a default factory is invoked.

I tried the following with no luck:

• Giving my custom factory a very high priority with hopes of it taking precedence over the default .json factory.
  • Overriding FactoryCanImport() method so that my factory would only process specific directories - to be honest, this method is either broken or works under specific circumstances, I haven’t figured it out completely yet.
  • Rreading both API and sources, couldn’t find a way to implement this.

Is there no way to set up an automatic pipeline which imports several external files into a single .uasset, like many-to-one mappings? Or should I look elsewhere, not in UFactory?