How to use two different Materials with Dynamic Material Instance

I’m trying to create a character customization menu. Users can change char. skin color etc… My Skeletal Mesh for Males used Different Material from the Female Skeletal Mesh.

I’m using G2:HumanBase from marketplace. The Female/Male uses different UV’s/Materials from each other.
Male:

Female:

When I plug in the ‘Create Dynamic Material Instance’ it asks for Parent Material. If I set that to the Male Material (5) In the image above ‘Mi_MBodySkin’ then when I select gender female for the customization menu. The Female will use the Male Material.

How can I use the Female & Male materials together w/Create Dynamic Material Instance

From the primitive/mesh component (NOT in KismetMaterialLibrary), you can call CreateDynamicMaterialInstance(Index) which will automatically create and replace the current material (at index) with a dynamic instance. If you don’t specify the second parameter (SourceMaterial) it will use the existing one as parent. Run it in a for loop, during an initialization process, to create dynamic instances for all indices. Then you can update the parameters you want directly on the mesh materials. No need to create them and manage them manually in extra variables.