How To Use Steam's Join Game from Friends List?

How would I go about implementing the Join Game from the friends list of steam in my steam game? Is it automatic or do I need to do some coding? If I need to code it, is it possible to do in blueprints or am I an idiot for learning only blueprints and not spending time to learn c++?

If im not mistaken all you need to do is register enable Steam Online Subsystem and register the session as well as making other join the Steam session, once you got sessions working friend list should automatically support joining session. Either way you need to set up sessions first if you didn’t do it yet, as far as i know this does not require C++

There also plugin that people use offering more options that default Steam online subsystem does not give to blueprint

https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/41043-advanced-sessions-plugin

1 Like

I already added the steam subsystem and used the normal session making you would find in a tutorial I guess. I just wasn’t sure if I was able to join a friend who is already in a session through the join game in the friend’s list. havent been able to test the multiplayer part on steam since my friend have been busy and I have one account. Thank you for your answer.

Did you ever get this resolved? I am following a C++ tutorial serries on Udemy and would like to know if you had to do anything extra.