How to use "Physical Animation Profile" with "RigidBody"?

Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I’m trying to set up a character with imported animation in the Third Person Blue Print template in UE5 and want to add some physical animation with a RigidBody note for some appendages, similar to how it is described here - Rigid Body | Unreal Engine Documentation

I am mixing the RigidBody on top of the State Machine like this:

So far, this is working well and the movement for the appendages is simulated when running the game. However, the appendages are too “floppy”. I was hoping to adjust their behaviour using a “Physical Animation Profiles” which I have created inside my Physical Asset for which I set up custom Orientation Strength, Position Strength, etc. When simulating the appendages in the Physical asset, they behave more stiff, like I intended them to.

Is there a way to “let the RigidBody know” that it should use a specific Physical Animation Profile for the simulation when running game mode? If possible, I would love to use these profiles for the appendages behaviour, as it allows for a lot of adjustment, however if anyone knows another way to make the appendages less “floppy”, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Did you ever learn of a way to use physical anim profiles with RBAN?

There are ways of making appendages less floppy such as damping, inertia tuning, and angular motors - but I’m guessing that you’ve figured that out in the years since your OP.

But regardless of that, I still think it could be useful to be able to apply a physical anim profile to the simulation governed by an RBAN, so that you could also take advantage of some of the RBAN’s settings (like being able to tune and clamp world forces). Ever figure out a way?