How to use Multi user editing?

I am trying to use multi user editing with a friend and we are not on the same wifi. How can he connect to my game? the unreal documentation doesn’t say how to connect over different networks they only say how to connect over lan. Multi-User Editing | Unreal Engine Documentation and Advanced Multi-User Networking | Unreal Engine Documentation and Getting Started with Multi-User Editing | Unreal Engine Documentation and Multi-User Editing | Live from HQ | Inside Unreal - YouTube are the only places ive found information on. Please do not just send these just because they say multi user editing as they dont help with connecting on non lan networks.

i already found that and it didnt work either, i forgot to put that on here

if you looked on page 2 you would have seen that i asked him how to set it up

I have not personally done multi-user editing before. If LAN really is the only way which you can get working reliably, you can use a VPN or various other pieces of software to connect to the same network online. You can use this network as your LAN network and you should get the desired results. If you look up this method there is much more detail than I can give. I suggest searching “how to play lan games online” into Google or something similar to this. As I said, I have never done multi-user editing so there may be a more efficient way but this is my approach if nothing else works.