How to use Beam Emitter to predict and draw projectile trajectory?

Hey all

I want to use a beam as a sort of laser to predict where my projectile lands, the weapon is like a catapult so the trajectory is curved. I’ve read a question on this forum that is the same as mine here How to create Grenade arc using Blueprint? - World Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums , however the answer shows you the solution with debug lines. I want to use a beam emitter instead.

Please help me with this! (with pictures, if possible!)

My current beam nodes ( as you can see, It doesn’t predict the projectile trajectory)

Bump.
Guys, I’m completely stumped!

80 Views and no reply makes me assume this cannot be done on Blueprint, right?

A quick search turned up this example project:

It might not be exactly what you’re looking for, but it’s a good head start.

I’ve already downloaded that, and you’re right it’s not what I’m looking for. :frowning:

one other way to do it
is to take your trajectory points add them to a spline and create your shape based on splinemesh component you will get nearlly the same result as beam

What do you mean by trajectory points?

your predited trajectory ( array of vector3 points at time i)

You mean I take my projectile movement data (velocity, gravity, etc…) and input them in an array of vectors? Just so that we’re on the same page, can you please take a picture from your BP graph and show me what you meant?

Bump (Sorry)

Before you do anything, can you make your emitter create a beam between two set points?

I think I can, yes. Why?

Then you can replace the debuglines example with your between two point beam emitters.
All you need to do is walk along the predicated positions and spawn your two point beam emitter between the current and prev position.

I know I would be asking much, but could you recreate this on your blueprint graph and show me a screenshot? I’m not sure how much of the debuglines example am I supposed to be replacing. It would truly be a big help.