How to use a mesh with a landscape material?

Hi, I’m using cliff meshes and whant to use their surface as an extension of my landscape. I really can’t find this info anywhere.

I saw this kind of thing in genshin impact

I tried to do this with vertex painting but it doesn’t work I guess, first of all there is a clear cut between meshes and between mesh and landscape, also the color is a bit different because it’s just a texture not a whole material that is used in landscape material.

Well I mean you can actually see that if you are far away that it’s not perfect, but from a close look it’s imposible to notice

I just want to create similiar stylized world but can’t find info how to, thanks for your help!

2 Likes

lock this cliff are not landscape it must be some kind of BP that use the surface end and create an extension the cliff you see from a surfice hard mesh end or a meticulous arthritis did it all by hand how now

You want to either:

→ render the output of the landscape into an runtime virtual texture that can then be sampled inside a mesh-material: rvt blending unreal at DuckDuckGo

→ if the landscape material is simple enough in cost, you can use the same (for example) dirt and stone textures in the mesh and make sure the uv’s align, so you can paint them in via distance fields, vertex-coloring, etc. this way the mesh carries the same maths, they line up, but you don’t have to use an rvt. better for simple cases, otherwise getting just-what’s-in-the-rvt is generally, better and can carry more complexity since that’s true to the landscape, not assumed they share any textures (overhead), and whatever complexity the landscape DOES have is ameliorated as you sample across meshes (pay cost once across many vs reduping the wheel in each mesh).

2 Likes

Thanks! I will try to learn RVT blending