How to Upload Binaries using BuildPatchTool

I made a step by step guide for the Command Prompt side of uploading your binaries/artifacts for the Epic Game Store. Hope this helps!

5 Likes

It still throws errors

Hi @ScottCraighead! If you haven’t already, please submit a private case so we can help you with this error. We’ll need a screenshot of your command line that displays all the args and their associated values so we can quickly troubleshoot the issue.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING WITH US WITH YOUR HELP FINALLY MY ISSUE RESOLVED.

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, I’m not aware of a tool specifically called “BuildPatchTool.” However, I can provide you with general guidance on uploading binaries using common build and deployment practices. If “BuildPatchTool” refers to a tool released after my last update, I recommend referring to the official documentation or resources specific to that tool for accurate instructions.

In general, uploading binaries involves the following steps:

1. Compile and Package Binaries:
    Ensure that you’ve compiled and packaged your software or application into the appropriate format for distribution. This could include executable files, libraries, assets, etc.

2. Select a Deployment Platform:
    Choose the platform or service where you want to upload and distribute your binaries. Common options include cloud storage services (Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage), version control systems (GitHub, GitLab), or dedicated software distribution platforms.

3. Prepare Binaries for Upload:
    Organize your binaries into a structured directory or package, ensuring that all necessary files are included and organized correctly.

4. Use BuildPatchTool (If Applicable):
    If “BuildPatchTool” is a specific tool for managing binary updates or patches, follow its documentation for guidance on how to use it. It may have commands or configuration files to facilitate uploading and patching.

5. Upload Binaries:
    Regardless of the tool you’re using, you’ll generally need to upload your binaries to your chosen deployment platform. This might involve using command-line tools, graphical interfaces, or automated scripts.

6. Set Permissions and Access:
    Configure appropriate permissions for the uploaded binaries to ensure only authorized users can access them. This step is especially important if you’re using cloud storage services.

7. Generate Download Links:
    If applicable, generate download links or access URLs for your binaries. These links will allow users to access and download the files.

8. Testing and Verification:
    After uploading, thoroughly test the distribution process to ensure that users can successfully download and install the binaries. This step helps identify any issues early on.

9. Provide Documentation:
    Include documentation or instructions on how users can download and install the binaries from the chosen platform. This will make it easier for users to get started.

10. Continuous Deployment (Optional):
    If you frequently update your binaries, consider setting up continuous deployment practices to automate the process and streamline updates.

Remember that the specific steps may vary based on the platform you’re using and any specialized tools you’re working with. If “BuildPatchTool” is a tool developed by a specific organization or project, I recommend consulting their official documentation or support resources for precise instructions on uploading binaries using their tool.

1. Prepare the Binaries:
    Compile and package your software or game into the desired format for distribution. Ensure that the binaries are organized and ready for uploading.

2. Install the BuildPatchTool:
    Download and install the BuildPatchTool if it’s not already installed on your system. Follow the installation instructions provided in the official documentation.

3. Configure the Patch Settings:
    Open the BuildPatchTool and configure the settings for creating a binary patch. This may include specifying the source and destination directories, selecting the version to patch from, and setting patch options.

4. Generate the Binary Patch:
    Use the BuildPatchTool to generate the binary patch based on the configuration you’ve set. The tool will analyze the differences between the source and destination versions and create a patch file.

5. Upload the Patch:
    Depending on the tool, there may be specific steps to upload the generated patch to a distribution platform, server, or repository. This might involve using command-line commands, graphical interfaces, or scripts provided by the tool.

6. Test the Patch:
    After uploading the patch, test it to ensure that it can be applied successfully to the target binaries. This step helps identify any issues before users attempt to apply the patch.

7. Provide Instructions:
    If your software or game requires users to apply the patch manually, provide clear instructions on how to do so. Include steps for downloading and applying the patch.

8. Communicate Updates:
    Inform your users about the availability of the patch and any improvements or fixes it brings. Use your communication channels, such as websites, forums, and social media, to keep users informed.

Remember that the steps provided above are general and may not precisely match the process for using the specific “BuildPatchTool” you are referring to. Always refer to the official documentation or resources for the tool to ensure you’re following the correct procedures. If the tool you’re using has an active community or support, consider seeking guidance from there as well.

1 Like

I get the error below of invalid client credentials. I have tried entering my main username (LightBearSoftwar), my login email, and the weird ID which appears in account settings. I am assuming ClientSecret is my login password correct? They all lead to the below error of invalid client credentials.

Beginning chunk generation of version 1.0 of artifact a285eb96429846a48a4e3baa8d5c573c. Build root: C:/Users/Brian/source/repos/Lightbulb - Exe Run/LightBear
MCP: Client auth request failed. Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials, Message=Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid, Raw={“errorCode”:“errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials”,“errorMessage”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“messageVars”:,“numericErrorCode”:18033,“originatingService”:“com.epicgames.account.public”,“intent”:“prod”,“error_description”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“error”:“invalid_client”}
An authentication error occurred. Check you have specified ClientId, and either ClientSecret or ClientSecretEnvVar parameters correctly. Message: Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials, Message=Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid, Raw={“errorCode”:“errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials”,“errorMessage”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“messageVars”:,“numericErrorCode”:18033,“originatingService”:“com.epicgames.account.public”,“intent”:“prod”,“error_description”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“error”:“invalid_client”}
MCP: Client auth request failed. Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials, Message=Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid, Raw={“errorCode”:“errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials”,“errorMessage”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“messageVars”:,“numericErrorCode”:18033,“originatingService”:“com.epicgames.account.public”,“intent”:“prod”,“error_description”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“error”:“invalid_client”}
An authentication error occurred. Check you have specified ClientId, and either ClientSecret or ClientSecretEnvVar parameters correctly. Message: Failure ErrorCode=errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials, Message=Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid, Raw={“errorCode”:“errors.com.epicgames.account.invalid_client_credentials”,“errorMessage”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“messageVars”:,“numericErrorCode”:18033,“originatingService”:“com.epicgames.account.public”,“intent”:“prod”,“error_description”:“Sorry the client credentials you are using are invalid”,“error”:“invalid_client”}
LogBuildPatchTool: Error: Tool exited with: 6
Tool exited with: 6

I found out the answer is to get the login info and client secret from the Product Settings page BPT Credentials tab. After entering that info I was able to upload successfully

2 Likes

Be careful if you copy and paste all the needed ID’s to a document like I did. The autocorrect capitalized the first letter of one of my IDs from a lower case letter and it took hours to figure that out! :crazy_face:

Hi, new to all this, got so far as to get all my Id’s sorted, MyEpicSecret set, and when I attempt to upload I get a credentials error:(invalid_client_credentials), which I whole-heartedly believe they are not.

Now for the fun part! - When I click on any “private support” link on this site, I receive a 404 error and am redirected to the live community page.

epicgames.my.salesforce-sites.com/CommunitySSO/?code=4d44ccfb7eed407f8a15734aa58a11ce&state=devportal%7C%2Fs%2Fprivate-question-page

I would really like to get this sorted asap please, and thank you!