How to update widget component?

So I am trying to display a progress bar over a “building” to display the amount of residents living in it and I can not get the progress bar to update using the widget component. It only updates when I add it to my display port.
349916-
as u can see the one displayed at the top of the screen is updated correctly and the one over the object using the same progress bar and blueprints is not. I’ll post the pictures of the rest of my blueprint.

I am assuming in the picture above I need to do something to make it update like I did for the one displaying on the viewport but I am unsure how to go about this. Please and thank you for the help hope I have enough information to go off of for you guys.

If you look under the picture I missed spelled building I am going to assume I need to some update it in there so it can update over the building.

1 Like

So I am trying to display a progress
bar over a “building” to display the
amount of residents living in it and I
can not get the progress bar to update
using the widget component.

Many ways to do it. Updating the widget component’s widget from the actor that owns it:

• the variables belong to the building
  • actor accesses its widget component’s 2d widget and sets pertinent values

This is an order of magnitude more efficient than the function binding (your other thread) which would execute every frame instead. Consider the approach - it gets updated when needed rather than 60 times per second.

Image from Gyazo

1 Like

You never responded here:

Lost thread?

Thank you so much for the answer. I am going to try this when I get home!

How are u changing the percent like that? I got it to work but am unsure how to manipulate the percent like u are with what i am assuming is a key press?