How to uninstall UEFN

I (like most people on PC, probably) bought and installed the new Unreal Editor for Fortnite, and immediately determined that my PC is no where near cut out for it. So I went to uninstall. From the epic launcher I clicked the dropdown on UEFN and clicked uninstall. Nothing. Tried it again. Nothing. I ultimately determined that you can’t uninstall. Ever. The only way is if you sign out, and sign in with an account that doesn’t own UEFN. If you sign out and back in with your account that does own UEFN, you are forced to “update” the Fortnite application and in doing so installs UEFN Again. Btw, the only way to get rid of UEFN is by reinstalling FN in the processes. This seems super impractical in how it forces you to install components that aren’t necessary to the core game files (but only if you own the “addon” that is UEFN)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is helpful to you in any way, but I just tried uninstalling and it did in fact uninstall for me. I’m not sure why it’s not working for you.

1 Like

Same problem here.
I grabbed it thinking “one more thing maybe I’ll install someday” but it auto installed and I cannot uninstall. The FIRST time I uninstalled, it worked for 3 seconds, then Fortnite + UEFN instantly updated and I was stuck with it again.
Every time after this, clicking uninstall simply does nothing.