How to turn 3rd person camera 180 degrees on a button press

Hello, I am working on a Resident Evil 2-4 remake style shooter and have implemented a quick-turn button to have the character flip 180 degrees. While I’ve successfully implemented turning the character around, I’m having trouble with getting the camera to move as well.

Here are the two potential implementations I’ve tried:

in-game view light blue prints are the player’s rotation, dark blue shows the player’s camera boom initial yaw

and

in-game view light blue prints are the player’s rotation, purple shows initial camera yaw, and orange shows the adjusted one. What’s confusing me is that the numbers are indeed being adjusted and I’m not getting any errors, but I’m also not seeing anything happen in-game. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Is this all happening within your Character BP?
does quick turn do something un related to the rotation?

Screenshot 2024-05-01 011732
It could be this simple but I’m not 100% on what your goal is

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Hello! Thanks for the response! Sorry for the confusion regarding my initial post :frowning: In terms of what quick-turn does, it is responsible for turning the player character 180 degrees which does work. As for what my goal is, it’s flipping the camera along with the player character.

Example video with timestamp: https://youtu.be/_6rXZIdZjJw?si=PagRdZpn1IKy-859&t=12
Essentially I’m trying to replicate the 180 degree turn.

Assuming quick turn is working for the movement side of things, the camera rotation above does work by itself

also don’t worry about it there’s some posts you can’t even understand 1% of because of language differences and or not knowing how to ask the question in your case the Question is good it just wasn’t immediately obvious what quick turn did

1 Like

Thank you so much! Just got back to the computer to try out the solution and it worked perfectly.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this :smile:

Of course, don’t forget to mark as answered to help others in the future

Feel free to @ or DM any questions i usually try and go through the latest posts and answer/ give an idea on what i can at least once a week

1 Like