How to trigger character animation

It’s called Malcolm but it won’t hook up, if you try this with a Mixamo character you’ll understand what I mean.

Try importing a character from the Mixamo.com website, it’s free and you’ll understand what I mean

I think the step your making a mistake in, is that the character has to have an animation blueprint and a character blueprint…maybe that’s the problem. I tried to get you going but I’m out of help to give here. sorry man and I hope you sort it out.

Thanks for all your kind help i appreciate it!

The cast for the third person character is for it to only work when the player works into the volume. It doesn’t have anything to do with your mixamo NPC(?) character. You should replace the cast with whatever the name of your player character is.

I’ve tried to copy your bp exactly, but its just not working, I cant use the “cast to third person character” function, I assume as I’m in an FPS game.

I’ve tried setting the “get all actors of class” function with ActorClass=“Skeletal mesh”, the additional “get” function won’t attach to the “mesh target” variable and won’t plug into “play animation” function!

I understand you’re busy but if you could please try to get this to work on a mixamo character you’d understand what I’m trying to explain probably incredibly badly.

I’m tearing hair out atm, I’d really appreciate some help mate.

Here’s a screen shot, He seems to be a skeletal mesh, you can see in the details panel, where’s the BP for it guys and what do I need to do to get this to work?:

You need to make it into a blueprint, click the Blueprint/Add Script button and name it BP_Malcolm or something, then choose that in get all actors of class.

I made another video this is the last effort I can make man, I did it without using a character or anim blueprint, and from the level blueprint, if this don’t get it man I have nothing else to offer…

Unreal Engine 4 - (Tutorial) Trigger An Animation When Near A NPC Part DUH!
v=kpWQItq_flg

I appreciate your help guys!

you need to make it into a blueprint)