Download

How to "take measures" ?

Hi everyone !

I would like to create a certain type of action with Blueprint.
I want the player to be able to take measures in the game.
For example he clicks on the floor an icon appear which is the start of his measure & the second click in the scene is the end of it.
A line is created between these 2 points and the measure appears above

Do you think something like that is possible in UE4 and particularly with Blueprint?

Cheers !

Denis

Hello,
If you do actor a location minus actor b location / vector length, you’ll have your measure.

Thanks I’ll give it a try and post the result here!

Did you ever figure out how to do this? If so could you share, im trying to do this exact thing

Fen already explained how to do it. Get the location of the 2 points and use the vector length node.

Yes I made it with Fen’s maths it was quite easy ! If you can’t succeed how to do it I might send you a screenshot of my blueprint when I get back home tonight, just tell me !

sorry I haven’t been on here for a while but yes please share, I had a crack but couldn’t figure it out.

Here is what I did ! This might not be the best way but it’s a start if you want to try !

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2015/29/1437216694-measures.png

Hi Guys,

Trying to dot his in VR atm, having trouble with the Widget. How do I get the Widget to receive the number from the blueprint?

In your widget under the construction event, cast to your character blueprint and save the output to a variable. When you go to bind the text value of your text box, all of the text variables saved within your character blueprint will be accessible.

EDIT: Video tutorial