How to switch between two different type of pawns

Okay, so I am trying to make a level that has a dollhouse and a pawn (BP_Dollhouse_Pawn) with springarm and camera attached to it.
When the level starts, this pawn is possessed and I can look through the dollhouse by rotating and all.
I have created an actor bp (called BP_Possess) with a sphere inside it and placed this bp in the level. I have added some functionality in this bp. This sphere acts like a hotspot, so when I click on this sphere, I possess a first person character placed near this sphere.

Now I am able to possess this first person character but the controls don’t work after that. Neither the WASD keys, nor the mouse.
Please check the attached video for better understanding.
Possess Character.mkv (11.7 MB)

Can someone please help, where I made mistake or if my approach is completely wrong and how to fix this?

Below is a youtube video of what I am trying to achieve but with a clickable sphere and not a widget like in the video. Please see from 00:10 to 00:45 seconds to understand what I want to achieve.

Ensure that when you switch possession to the first person character, the input mode is set correctly to allow player inputs. If the input mode is not set or is set incorrectly, it can prevent the WASD and mouse controls from functioning.

Check the settings of the first person character to ensure that it is set to receive input. You should verify the following:

• The Auto Possess Player property of the first person pawn is set to Disabled.
  • The Auto Receive Input is set to Disabled in the first person pawn since you are manually possessing it.

In the Blueprint where you handle the possession logic, make sure you explicitly enable input for the player controller right after possessing the new pawn. You can do this by using the Enable Input node, targeting the player controller that should control the pawn.

Ensure that your player controller is correctly configured to handle input for both the original and the first person character. Sometimes, settings or scripts specific to one controller might not carry over correctly after possession changes.

You can add print statements in your input handling code (like in the movement or look functions) to see if the inputs are being detected at all. If they are being detected but not affecting the pawn, the issue might be in how the movement or camera control is set up in your first person character.

Hope this helps.

Hey there. Just tried your method but I couldn’t get it to work. I am sure it’s my fault. I am missing something.