Download

How to "swap" content at runtime

Hi all,

forgive me if this is stupid or trivial.

I’m basically looking for best practices for “swapping” assets at runtime. For instance, customising factory floor with different types of assets.

e.g.

Selecting the conveyor belt and choosing a different type, or a particular machine and “swapping” it with a different model. I know this is possible, but I’ve never done it and if someone can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you’re thinking of doing this in runtime, then blueprints are your only option. Look for blueprint nodes like “Set Static Mesh” and “Set Material”, they should let you “swap” assets.

I recommend using Dynamic Material if you are just changing how “shiny” or “bumpy” it looks. Changing material parameters are more flexible and efficient than changing the entire material in blueprints.

Download-Image BP node (local and remote URL’s supported) etc…

Thanks for the reply guys, sorry took a few days to get around to reply. I’ll look into it when I get a change.

I’m new to this and basically I’m trying to set this up so it can be triggered by the “player”, for instance “when hovering some object” an UI would show up with the option to change the colour, or texture. It may be the entire model as well.

Thanks guys, I’ll look into it when I get a chance.

Thanks, I’ll look into Set Static Mesh and Set Material when I get a chance.

Thanks guys. I’ll check it out when I get a chance.

Thanks. I’ll check it out when I get a chance.