How to Store Names and Dispaly the Names from Data Tables

Basically I am creating a virtual Keyboard . So i want to enter a name in my virtual keyboard .Once i click on enter Key on my virtual Keyboard the keyboard should close .Then the entered name should be stored in the Data table and then once the name is entered the keyboard should close and the name should be displayed.
Please guide me as i am totally new to unreal.

What exactly are trying to do with Data table ?

Note: Data table are read-only and cannot be changed ingame.

If you are just storing one name, you can use a normal variable of type Name or Text(for localised)

1 Like

Oh I was’nt aware of the read-only property. after the round ends I want my player to enter his name . The Name should be submitted once I press the enter key. Then the keyboard should Disappear and the entered name/names should be displayed.

One way of doing it, we can store the player name as a global variable via the game mode so we can set it from the Player Input Menu and get that variable from your Menu Result.

GameMode(you will need to create a bp game mode base):

WBP_PlayerNameMenu

Then from your Result Menu, you can retrieve your player name variable from the game mode.

1 Like

Okay Thank You. I’ll try this out.
my senior suggested me that can create a game instance and then store the name in a variable .

yes game instance will work too :innocent: