How to stop the player from bumping/launching NPCs

For some stupid reason, my character can bump/launch NPCs around the map. Sometimes it’s a little shove and other times it launches them to the moon. I found this answer hub topic https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…ml?sort=oldest but none of the solutions work. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

*Update - I also found a post where Dennis Soemers says “In case anyone runs into a similar issue and finds this post, I managed to fix it by setting the Collision Response to the ‘‘ECC_Pawn’’ channel on all USkeletalMeshComponents to ‘‘ECR_Overlap’’ (I guess ECR_Ignore would also work) in code. Not sure why I didn’t think of this before. Anyway, because I didn’t do this on the CapsuleComponents, it’s still possible to collide with NPCs as I intended, and my weapon collision also still works as intended, but there’s no more flying NPCs.”

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this.

2 Likes

In case anyone is interested, I came up with a work around that was to add another slightly larger collision capsule around the original and set it to block all. This stops the player before they come into contact with the default collision capsule and coincidently stops you from being able to launch them. I don’t really know why it works, but it does.