How to stop/pause PCG generation when editing landscape ?

Hello everyone !
I am having a blast with PCG on our project so far ! However it has a significant impact on performances when having to rebuild PCG after editing the landscape for example.
There is a pause button in the PCG graph but I was wondering if there was another way to pause or stop the process with something like a console command ?
How do you guys get around the problem ?

1 Like

On the PCG component there is an “Activated” boolean you can toggle.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer,
I did find this setting before you replied but this simply disable the whole Graph generation.
It would be cool to have something like a PCG pause button or a command line to simply pause the current process but keep the already generated points.

I guess it’s a feature request then.

Hey Draern!!
did you find any solution. I’m also having same issue, but in my case there are hundreds of PCG spawners and Components.

Hello, I had the same problem. What I did was selecting all nodes inside my PCG subgraph and hitting E on keyboard. This will disable the pcg for that subgraph and all graphs inside. To enable again just select and hit E again when done.

1 Like

I’ve just coded a custom PCGVolume in cpp that deactivates itself during landscape editing (or other editing modes), let me know what you think :slight_smile:

2 Likes