How to stop my player character from pushing away enemies?

Hi everyone. I’m trying to make a game where if an enemy sees you it starts to follow you on sight (and will attack you). The problem is that my player character is able to push away enemies by running really fast into them. I can’t disable collision as, obviously, I don’t want my player to be able to just run through enemies, but right now my player can bump away enemies.

348329-ezgifcom-gif-maker-1.gif

No physics is being simulated on either the player character or the enemy. Also, under the character movement component for both the player and enemy, I have unticked the “Enable Physics Interaction” checkbox. Still my player is able to bump away enemies when running into them.

Can someone help me figure out how to prevent this? I want my enemy to feel like a solid block that you cannot push at all as a player. Thank you!

2 Likes

I figured out the issue to this problem. For anyone else experiencing a similar issue, my problem was my player character had some static meshes (weapons) that were childed to the main character mesh but set to hidden. The collision was set to BlockAll, but even though they were hidden, they were still colliding. I set my hidden weapon meshes to have NoCollision and now it works exactly as intended with no weird pushback.

5 Likes

You solved my issue when there is a contact between 2 characters managed by AI (AImoveto to other AI character). The issue in my case come from “static mesh component” added in the character with collision set to blockalldynamic or blockall .

Thank you .