How to stop a Timeline?

Hi if your reading, this issue has had me up all night for days and it’s still not working, no one ever answers me on here but this is my last resort.

I made a timeline for a blink I want it to stop blinking when an idle animation plays, (my character falls asleep)

I’ve plugged everything I can think of in to the stop connection on the timeline and nothing works.

please help…
Can send pics… not those kind of pics :wink:

342303-screenshot-1.jpg

You can also stop a timeline separately, as in the image below:

1 Like

I suspect there’s something repeatedly starting it. Tick, perhaps…

I made a timeline for a blink I want
it to stop blinking when an idle
animation plays, (my character falls
asleep)

• create an animation notify at the desired moment:

• if the TL is in the player blueprint, have the animation blueprint access it and stop the blinking:

More info:

Hi thanks for trying to help I have tried both these options already and they haven’t worked. Perhaps I’ve wired it up wrong.

Thanks for trying to help I’ve tried all these options and I’ve watched all the timeline tutorials I could find on YouTube already … perhaps I’m over looking something I have no idea. I did a test with just a key press connected to play and on released connected to the stop and it still won’t work. I had my timeline previously set to auto play and then I checked this option off and tried playing it and stopping it with just the blue nodes. The problem is as soon as I check it to play it just keeps playing and trying to stop at the same time my character’s eyes start shaking and looking all weird like it trying to do both? one at a time works fine but it wont stop and start on command :frowning:

All the suggested solutions would work under normal circumstances. You need to show us what you are doing.

Hi see my comment below, thanks.

would anyone be so kind to post a pic
of a timeline that is working in their
project?

Try this and tell us if both strings print.

You should change this to a comment as it is not an answer to the question. It makes it look like there are more answers than there are (and if it’s down voted you’ll lose karma).

Ah, good point.

Hi there I tried the print strings, on first press it says update about five times in a row then at the bottom it prints press then when I press it again it says update, press, then repeats update, press, update, press every time I press the key.

I’ve also tried to delete the timeline and remake it still the same thing it seems to be going through the update too many times.

So the Timeline works absolutely fine… the problem is with your morph. You’re sending it a constant value of 1 - does it make sense?

It’s an Action, not Axis event. It fires once.

would anyone be so kind to post a pic of a timeline that is working in their project? I’m literally trying to make it stop and it won’t stop as soon as anything activates it just doesn’t stop I’ve even tried flip flop nodes and that’s not doing anything, I just want to on key press play timeline then key released stop timeline. Here is a basic setup should this work?

Hi so my other comment disappeared after trying to make it a comment, but anyway so I think I understand but then that’s why the green string is connected from the timeline to the morph target right so when the timeline changes its value within the keys set from 0 to 1 it’s supposed to automatically change with it right?

so I did a test and made the timeline keys different at 1 then 1 to 3 seconds then 0 at 4 seconds when i press and release still the same stuck on not stopping when I hold the press button it slowly opens its eyes…

It’s not a timeline issue.