So I am pursuing a career in the game development industry. I am currently swamped with endless options and would like to hear a few bits of advice from longstanding members of this community.
- Is there a game development focused bootcamp that you would recommend?
- To start should I learn C++ before jumping into the UE5 engine, if so, is there a C++ bootcamp for beginners you would recommend?
- My goal is to join the game development community by completing bootcamps related to (game development/ C++). With completion of those bootcamps giving me the knowledge to market myself to studios using UE5 to develop their games. I am basing my desired knowledge off requirements posted for a build and integration engineer job posting by a game studio.
Their requirements are listed below and would represent my goal to be able to fulfill someday.
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong experience with Perforce Streams and Merging
- Expertise working with C++ language
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize