How to spawn without overlap in spawn volume

Hello! I’m troubleshooting a minigame in which collectable coins are spawned within a volume in my first person level. Sometimes it appears that the player has ‘collected’ coins before they move at all in the level. The frequency with which this happens increases if I make the spawn volume smaller, which leads me to believe that the coins’ box collisions trigger this themselves (i.e. if they’re spawned too close to each other).

How can I prevent the coins from overlapping when spawned? Another thought would be to only enable the coins to be “collected” when overlapped by the first person character, but that doesn’t seem to be working for me. Any advice or guidance would be super helpful!

coin blueprint:

spawn volume blueprint:

It would probably be better to use the Event ActorBeginOverlap rather than the one for Component, then you can check the overlapped Actor by casting it to FirstPersonCharacter, if its true then your player has touched the coin.

Your overlap code right now directly accesses the PlayerCharacter so it will always return true, I suspect you are right about the coins overlapping but because your cast is always true they are being collected even when your intentions are different.

Thanks for the feedback – it worked!