How to Spawn mesh from reference

Hi I have a datatable which has a mesh reference, X, Y, and Z
I can use X, Y, and Z to spawn a static mesh but I dont know how to use the mesh reference from the datatable

This is where Ive got to, Im trying to use the Tree Type node which is a Static Mesh Object Reference

Cheers

If you don’t know until run time what kind of mesh it’s going to be, obviously you can’t set it in the details. Then you need:

Is that TreeType pin of type ‘static mesh object reference’?

Thanks yes it was.

Ive changed the way I was thinking with this and decided to try to spawn an actor because I would like to have collision events and populate the actor with information.
The actor needs to contain some information in the form of four strings, I can get the actors to spawn but I dont understand how to pass the strings into the actors as I spawn them, heres my level blueprint, I started looking at an array, I have made an array variable in my actor BP but how do I pass the data to the actors as I spawn them?

I found a workable process see below
By spawning an actor is this an instance? will I run into performance issues down the track using this method?

Ive basically made a BP with an empty mesh, a collider and a string array, then use this in th elevel BP to populate and distrubute the asset around the scene.

You have the correct method :slight_smile:

Thanks,
I got there in the end haha, datatables are interesting to work with