How to spawn a not player character using an actor BP?

Hello There,
i just created a new project in UE 5.2.1 version and I have a problem with one of characters I’m trying to spawn by using other actor. Here’s some explanation of what I did:

Firstly, I created 2 blueprints:

“BP_Spawner” that I created by Right clicking in the content browser, then choosing “Blueprint Class” and “Actor” option.

“BP_Fly” that I created in similar way, but instead “Actor” i chose “Character”.

At first I opened “BP_Fly” and in Viewport added just a simple cube as the body of the character and Pawn Sensing. Then, in Event Graph I created some movement for that character with using “AI MoveTo” nodes and Sphere Tracing to eventually detect some certain object I wanted to be detected.

When I had everything ready I placed that character in my level (just by dragging it from content browser into my level), pressed play and everything worked as it should. The character was moving and doing what it should be.

Then I oppened the “BP_Spawner” and added a cylinder as the body of the spawner in the Viewport. After that I opened Event Graph and wanted to Spawn a specific amount of Flies using the “Spawn Actor From Class” node. I tried to do that, but it doesn’t work as I want, because Fly characters are spawning in correct positions and there’s correct amount of them, but for some reason they’re not moving.

In short: When I place a Fly manualy, by dragging it from Content Browser into the level, it’s moving and working as it should, but when I spawn it by “BP_Spawner” Actor, it’s not moving at all.

Can anyone explain to me why something like that is happening and how to fix that?

I almost forgot… that’s how my “BP_Fly” blueprint event graph looks like:

id guess the auto possess by AI isnt set correctly. search for that in the actor details panel and make sure its set to on spawned

1 Like

Omg, i can’t belive that I didn’t think about it… Thank you very much for help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.