How to solve this issue "assets don't have a corresponding content root"

Beginner here, i have an issue when migrating assets from medieval game environment (MedievalVillage_P),and it kept show this:

Some selected assets don’t have a corresponding content root in the destination.
/HDRIBackdrop
/Landmass
/Niagara
/Volumetrics
/Water
Would you like to migrate all selected assets into a folder with consolidated references? Without migrating into a folder the assets in the above roots will not be migrated.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. I am also a beginner and I think doing the same tutorial. I was making good progress through the tutorial with minimal issues but this problem has bought me to a halt. Would love to work out a fix so I can continue.

Just Hit No. It will copy the assets you need to finish that tutorial

5 Likes

Some of the Niagara Effects having compiler errors if you do so

I’m having the same issue when trying to migrate a pack into another project.

Some selected assets don’t have a corresponding content root in the destination.
/Niagara
/NiagaraFluids

Would you like to migrate all selected assets into a folder with consolidated references? Without migrating into a folder the assets in the above roots will not be migrated.

Can someone help us?

I’m having the same issue here, where /Bride assets and /HDRIbackdrop don’t have the same root as seen on the screenshot. By clicking “NO”, I had some links erroring towards MS_Presets and my map/level not showing up in the Content browser! Strangely, it appears in the Windows content browser ???

I noticed something this morning, when the Engine and Plugin content are shown in the content browser… we end up having two times MS_Presets for materials!
One located /Game/MSPresets… and the other /Bridge/MSPresets…

That’s probably why UE complains about not having the same root when migrating assets…

Untick Any other maps than “Game” Tried it, working perfectly

1 Like