How to simulate an datasmith runtimeActor, that is imported during runtime ?

In Order to simulate the imported 3D RuntimeActor , i have to activate the physic simulation at runtime. Prequesites are , as far i know : (Actor is set to moveable and has a working Collider and a primitive (i think because center of mass is needed) .

Current State:

If i use Complex and Simple or use Simple as Complex ( i have no Collision at all ).
If i use Complex as simple ( my collision works fine but there is a hint in the description, that no forces can be applied)

Problem is the missing primitve or something equivalent :

There are two Roads to go for me at the moment: Construct a Primitive ( a box ) at runtime or create a convex hull at runtime.
I will probably need both ways, so any hint is appreciated.
There is a funtion in the Docu for 4.26 ( i use 5.1) : Set Convex Decomposition Collisions with Notification | Unreal Engine Documentation

that would be maybe suitable for generating a primitve like object, but it seems not available at 5.1.

i have also to do Volume and Mass Calculation that also depending on primitives and cant be applied directly on a mesh.
Is there a primitive like object, that i can generate from a mesh ?

Hi there @SimPro2023. Hope you’re well!

This topic has been moved from International to Programming & Scripting: Blueprint.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing! :slight_smile:

1 Like