How to setup the movement for a Flipbook NPC?

Hey Guys,

Im pretty much new to Unreal, and im trying to make a 2.5D Project, with Flipbook Characters. The Problem i have is, that there are literally no tutorials out there for such things. I made my Main Char moveable, he works fine. Because i made the Flipbooks towards the Buttons i press. If i Press A he walks Left with Flipbook Left etc. But i have absolutely no idea, on how to setup an NPC Character, because he does not use any Button presses. If i use the NPC as a Child Character he spawns with the wrong Flipbooks (Main Char). And i cant change it inside the Child Blueprint, because its a cast from the Parent. Im struggling for days now. Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Thanks Guys :slight_smile:

Hello!
I don’t know how your structured you Flipbook to work, but there is several ways to start a function. You can set your Flipbook to start in the BeginPlay and to start an Idle animation, or from the Tick node if you need it to update every frame, a branch node with a bool could help differ your idle and walking animations ticks.
To change your Flipbook in a child actor, is necessary to make it a variable and then, in the Child Blueprint mark the “Show Inherited Variables” box. Making the variable visible and editable.