How to set up AI navigation for a flying drone/ helicopter type enemy?

I have looked online for tutorials on flying enemies, but I cannot seem to find out how to add navigation to prevent them from trying to fly through buildings and instead navigate around the map efficiently.

What I want to achieve is a gunship that circles the player occasionally strafing them with rockets and can navigate around levels that have a significant degree of verticality

Could you please send me some screenshots of these blueprints? Also If possible do you have any suggestions as to how to get the enemy to circle the player character?

Oh yes, I am not a fulltime dev and I think my suggestions would honestly cause more problems and annoyance as opposed to helping anyone. Sorry

Though I guess I could post how I cam up with my method of tank aiming (similar to WoT, Warthunder or AW), the one thing I came up with that I think could be useful. I guess I could show that off if anyone wanted me to.

Thank you I will take a look at the examples you gave.

I guess I will try post my tank aim system sometime, perhaps I should clean it up and label it first… It would be very nice to see fewer games using the horrible approach of simply limiting the maximum mouse input or lowering the sensitivity, franticly dragging your mouse across the desk repeatedly is no fun.

PS I posted a question a while back on how to add locational damage to tanks that is still unresolved, if you have time could you please take a look and see if you can come up with any suggestions, it is somewhat dead and I don’t want to spam posts to revive it.