How to Set Homing Projectile to target a location not a mesh

Hello gaming enthusiasts!

I’ve just been trying to set up a homing type projectile, for the most part it works, however not precisely the way I’d like it to. Setting it to home a static mesh is all fine, however I want it to home in on a specific location in the world, like where the crosshair is aiming.
The projectile should work like a laser guided missile, it will launch vertically into the air for 2 seconds, then over the next say 3 seconds, it can be guided back down to earth, only x and y axis towards what ever the player is aiming at, if they stop aiming it will use the last recorded aim position, if no aim position is recorded, well then, it will be a swift way to destroy yourself :slight_smile:
From what I can see, the homing target component only accepts static meshes as the target, and without re-writing everything, it should be relatively simple to use a line trace to get a location, which I’ve got already, and use that location as the homing target, it should already be getting a location for the static mesh, I just need to be able to edit and update this part of the code.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

From what I can see, the homing target
component only accepts static meshes
as the target, and without re-writing
everything, it should be relatively
simple to use a line trace to get a
location, which I’ve got already, and
use that location as the homing
target, it should already be getting a
location for the static mesh

You’re very close. It does not need to be a mesh, any scene component will do:

So it could look like this (untested), following a dummy target:

Setting absolute transform may be a good idea here.

yep that was it, done and done, thank you very much for the assistance…again :smiley: