How to set collision for insects to only be blocked by floors( or walls) and nothing else ?

Hi , so i got some insects that are just like for asthestics ( atmosphere) , so i only want them to walk around and wander , but they are blocking my AI as well. A row of insects on the ground is like a wall for the AI , i mean , i can hide behind the insects from the AI. It seems to be the " World Static " channel holding things up at the moment , since i can set everything else to overlap or ignore , but the second i change " World Static " to overlap or ignore ( anything except " Block" , the insects fall through the floor. Just like any characters on the level , if their capsules are set away from block on “World Static” , they fall through the floor as well. So i made a custom object channel called " Insect" , and set to block on the insect capsule . I set the floor to " Block All " , including “insect” channel. So shouldn’t that technically say that i could set all the other channels on the insect to ignore , except for the new " Insect" channel i made (that set to block) , and the floor should block the insects? But they still fall through the floor. I don’t get it. Any ideas ? thanks

Hey there @razmaz51! So what you can do is to keep your insects on the insect channel and ignore collisions and overlaps on everything but World Static, as static objects shouldn’t be moving this shouldn’t be an issue. Then you need to go into your Insects capsule’s details and change these settings.

Disable Can Ever Affect Navigation and Fill Collision Underneath for Navmesh.
These two settings will stop your bugs from influencing the nav mesh, and since they now don’t collide with your other pawns you should be good to go!

However, since these insects are only cosmetic, if you’re using a character component for them that’s decently inefficient for what’s effectively just some visuals. I’d recommend for something lighter like using particle systems to handle them in most cases! An example tutorial below:

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

Let me know if you have any questions!