How to See Values in Run-Time

Hello! I have a quick question. I have an Array of floats in my UI menu blueprint, and I’d like to see how their values change during runtime, however when I run the game, and look at the values in the details panel, the values inside of the array never seem to change even though they are clearly working in the game during runtime. My question is how do I see what the values are for my UI float array variable during runtime?
I’ve attached a screenshot to help further clarify - Thank you so much for your time and help!!

Hey @TheRoyalSkies!

You will need to make sure to specify which object up in the dropdown that says “No debug object selected”.

Check this documentation for a lot more!

2 Likes

Once you’ve selected an instance, you can mouse over variables:

But it does not refresh automatically. You can fire up the debugger:

And find the desired object property.

You can also Watch Values:

Which is super neat until you realise it does not work for arrays… :melting_face:

I’ve always felt like I’m missing something, like there’s an elementary lesson I skipped 10 years ago and never run into again:

You can add them to the list, but it just does not work:

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you SO much for the help! You guys have completely answered my questions!!
Hope you guys have a Fantastic Day-!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.