How to scale objects keeping proportions

Hello,

I’m new to UE5.0.3 (coming from Unity) and I am trying to get up to speed with the editor.

I’m struggling with something very simple – scaling an object:
If you have a basic shape cylinder with scale [1,1,10] and you want to double its size with scale gizmo, increasing its size will set the new scale to [2,2,11] (adding 1 to instead for multiplying a factor each component).

Is there a way to change this behavior to normal scaling that keeps the object’s proportions?

Hey there @dev.frame! Welcome to the community! Generally if you scale from the very center of the scale gizmo it should retain it’s ratios between it’s scaling. Any of the other portions of the gizmo will scale in their respective value only, or if you get the in between points they will scale in 2 variables ie touching the tether between the green and the red gizmo points will scale on that XY plane but the Z value wouldn’t change.

Alternatively if you’d like to lock the scales to each other and manipulate the scale variables, you can do that directly in the details panel here:

Hope this helps!

Hi, after scaling an object non-uniformly, how to reset its scale ratio back to 1:1:1 without affecting its size, like we do in Blender (apply scale or apply transform)?

Hey there @Kamal-76! Welcome to the community! Natively, Unreal Engine does not set an object’s transform scale values, and they are always derived from their source. The older (4.27) mesh editor had a feature to be able to move the pivot permanently for a mesh, though it doesn’t seem to manipulate the scale transforms. If you intended to do it inside of a blueprint, just having an empty parent object one step above it in the hierarchy would work out albeit being somewhat hacky.