How to scale a mesh in Niagara?

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone who’s much better versed with Niagara can help with this as I have been unable to Google-fu my way out of this one.

I’m currently creating a hologram effect where particles emit from a shape (using Shape Location) to form another shape (Sample Static Mesh and Static Mesh Location). This almost works as I need it to, however Niagara has scaled the Static Mesh to an enormous size and using Scale Mesh Size has no effect. Does anyone know how I can control the size of the mesh output?

If anyone can help I’d be very grateful.
Grim.

Hey there @Grim_Steel! So scaling the component directly effects the size of the static mesh sample inside the niagara system. I had tried to see if you could adjust the scaling on the system itself but it only allows you to expand it from the normals, which only kind if “explodes” a mesh. If all you need to do is scale it, you can actually scale the component itself directly inside the actor.

That said, I believe you could create a scratchpad module to process it and output the needed changes, but I couldn’t discern a better way than just natively scaling the component.

Hope this helps!

Hi @SupportiveEntity thanks for your suggestion, this works!