How to save player information correctly?

Hello, I was working on saving my players data and was wondering what exactly is the correct way to do so

Would a save game file with the slot system where it creates a file in your saved game directory, be correct with the follow.

Set file/slot name to Player name/User Name

Add password information
add skill levels
Add changed actors in the level(Actor name, transform, tags, multiple variables)

you get the point…

What would be the best way to save all of this, for each player, besides a massive save file with the player name?

“What would be the best way to save all of this, for each player, besides a massive save file with the player name?”

I would argue that the best way to do this is using a nice plugin that I’ve built to do all that automatically, without any coding required; the plugin is 4.9 and 4.10 compatible, you can take a look at the tool here:
LINK

However, uncompiled plugins require you to have Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 installed (or XCode).
If you work on a Blueprint only project and don’t use Visual Studio, your best bet is to do what you describe yes:
Saving everything manually into a .sav file for your game. Like docs describing it here:
DOCS

I checked out some things in the Doc file you linked too, and also checked out your saving/loading plug in

Is it safe to say, the slot index is really just a check point system?

Your plug in also looks extremely well done and will be purchasing soon as I believe it has what I am looking for and will save me countless days and headaches lol

The player id used in .sav files are used to identify which player is saving to the file.
In that plugin I’ve added supported for multiple .sav files (slot indexes) to allow same player having multiple .sav files for the same game without generating trouble to plugin user.