How to save and reuse Geometry Collections

So this seems like a really trivial issue and I have no idea why it would be rife with such issues. I’ve created a Geometry Collection asset for a generic wall in my game and fractured it. What I now want is that every time a wall’s health goes to 0, I spawn this Geometry Collection in it’s place and blast it to kingdom come. This much works fine, but for whatever reason, I cannot use the asset again once I restart my editor - it’s corrupted.

Here I have the Geometry Collection WallGC_4

And as you can see, it opens fine right now

I attach it in my Destruct_Wall BP and save - so far so good. This is the BP I instantiate when a wall is destroyed, and it works fine

I now do nothing else but close the editor and restart, and WallGC_4 is suddenly rendered unusable. It no longer opens, the error log doesn’t show anything

When I open the Destruct_Wall BP, the component has vanished from there as well and I can no longer re-attach the geometry collection here.

What’s going on? How do I go about resolving this issue?

Bumping this once in case it helps drawing attention from someone who knows about this. Still stumped by this. It is absolutely bizarre what’s going on here. As soon as I reference the Geomtery collection in any BP, in any manner, it corrupts the Geometry collection upon next restart of the Editor. I’m using UE 5.0.3