How to rotate a texture while painting in landscape editor?

Hello everyone,

First of all, I made a video to be more clear https://streamable.com/wig0v

When I use the paint mode in Landscape editor, I want to rotate my “pavement texture” to follow the way to be more natural. But, as you can see, it doesn’t work at all. I tried to change the “texture rotation” in the brush settings but it did nothing good, my texture is still going the same way, and that’s not very immersive.

I searched and all of the video talk about the material editor, my problem is about the landscape editor.

Do you have an idea of how to paint a texture and rotate it ?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

You can’t rotate the texture within the material, what you’re rotating there is your brush shape. You’d have to use something like the spline tools to create a path.

I need to do the same thing but with a dirt road. I believe it is possible if you know what your doing, I have used random rotation and scale, so I would think if you can do this you should be able to control it as well, epic needs to make this something easily accessible as it would be game changer for off road trail games, and be faster than splines. I am looking into if there is a way now, a why I found this. Did the poster ever find a sulution? As I would like to know how to do this.