How to rotate a bone manually in Blueprints?

Hello,

I am trying to avoid the limitations of the built-in wheeled vehicle class. So I just want to be able to apply simple rotations to my wheel bones directly in the blueprint.

How do I do this?

Haha, please help.

Thanks,
Graeme.

Okay I have manage to get a result of some kind with Add Torque. I will leave this unanswered for the day incase someone has a better solution however.

I don’t know how I didn’t work this out before (even tried Add Torque earlier,) but I found a lot of other people with the same struggle and unanswered questions all over the place. So here is a picture of the simple Add Torque wired up for future reference.

Another update, this solution does not work in local space, so when the tank turns, the movement stops…I am really lost with how to do this. This should not be a difficult thing to do!

I had a sleep on it, and after more googling, I found this - [‘Star Dust Racers - Vehicle Breakdown’][1]

What they had handling wise looked perfect, but reading through the reddit thread and comments, no-one seemed to be able to replicate the setup with success anyway.

So Instead of RayCasting the suspension and fancy setup, I simply left my physics Asset with suspension and drag alone as it all-ready worked exactly how I wanted it too anyway. So I am ignoring the wheels in the blueprint, and just pushing the root with Add Force and Add Torque to Local Vectors, and it is working perfectly for my needs and gives a really good illusion of the wheels driving the box. I also had to add torque to the body to simulate the body lifting with acceleration, as it was tilting the box forwards instead.

I’l leave the blueprint here for reference, since the forum and answers here seem pretty dead, and I found lots of other people stuck with this simple problem too.