How to retarget animal to human?

I downloaded African Animal pack on Epic Games and was going to make an animation that animals act like human beings. In order to that, you should retarget them. However, there is no retarget manager nor rigs folder in the pack. How do I retarget them?

Hey @jin8864y! So the old retarget manager has not been brought over to UE5, however there is the retarget sources area which does roughly the same thing. Unfortunately the documentation for that is still a work in progress! Since I’m not skilled on the tech art side, I’ll link a video that helped me retarget recently, however it’s going to be a bit more involved on the animals side, fair warning there. It looks like you might need to pose match them before you can use this method, which for animals might be a problem. Hopefully someone with more intimate knowledge of this system might have a better example! Hope this helps!

Disclaimer: this link is to an external tutorial by a member of the community not affiliated with Epic Games. This said, you are liable for anything that occurs beyond this Unreal Engine domain.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reply. Actually, I also found the video and was watching it and followed it. Half works, but need to work more. Here is the result:

And this is the IKrig of the animal:

As you can see, the animal bones seem not being matched with human bones perfectly. Do you have any idea to fix it?

Take a look at the content examples :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha @SupportiveEntity @jin8864y is so funny!

3 Likes

@jin8864y I did a video for you… on the fly and raw!

There is a lot of work in here!!
zebra2

Have Fun!

3 Likes

Hi, alberto.
I looked around it before, but had no idea what to do. Probably, I can find something else this time?

YESSSSSS! This is what I want to do!

Could you upload it on Youtube, please? It’s too tiny to see.

ey I already did! At this moment is processing HD, patience :wink:

1 Like

Legendary! Thanks @alberto! I definitely know who to rely on when it comes to tech art business. The last time I worked on the animations/linking things side of UE was back in 2018, so I’m not the most well versed. Glad you were around! If you ever get to fully processing that video, you should upload it to the community side! I know I’m already going to be referencing this thread for MONTHS.

Hahaha thanks! Well yesterday I did a video about retargeting metahuman! Next one is coming!

I’ll do this one but better :wink:

I tried to create a community tutorial but I have no access :heart_hands:

1 Like

Oh hmm, I see. Could be the site it undergoing some changes, or there needs to be a special user flag to allow one through. I’ll do a bit of digging and see what’s up, this would be massively useful, as I’ve seen questions like this from UE veterans. Once again, you’re a legend!

1 Like

Thx! I’ll be looking forward to it!

1 Like

Well as I said here there is!

4 Likes

Great!! I’ll give it a shot soon!!
Thank you so much!!!

This is my experience to transform the movements of animals like humans

This rooster includes spring movements for the rooster’s mane and feathers. Is moving the Tazen spring feature available in unreal?