How to reset a FlipFlop?

As above, poor man’s FlipFlops:

When it’s the widget closing the menu, also set that boolean to the desired state.

I’ve set up a simple pause menu in a Level Blueprint, which pauses the game when P is pressed and unpauses it when pressed again via FlipFlop. And that works fine. The problem that I have is that when I press the
ResumeButton scripted in Widget Blueprint makes the P key be pressed twice to pause the game. Is there a way where I can reset the FlipFlop node? Here are two screenshots for PauseMenu and ResumeButton.

That’s the problem with flip flop.

I stripped all the flip flop out of my game, just because of this problem.

The solution is to just use a bool.

A solution that would allow one to use the FlipFlop as is here, would be to call a custom event that fires the Flip rather than manually handle the widget’s state.

But then again, if you want to save the game, you can’t really save the Flip’s state… so at this point it’s just better to have a simple bool. :expressionless:

Could you give me a more detailed instruction? I’ve been struggling with that two hours now and no success.

Could you give me a more detailed instruction? I’ve been struggling with that two hours now and no success.

Did you follow the link?

And if you’re asking about how to get it to work with FlipFlop:

Instead of the widget closing itself, call a custom event which will correctly drive the state of the FlipFlop. So all control for opening and closing is in one place. An Event Dispatcher is great for this.

Also, it seems that you remove the menu. Generally it’s more convenient to create it once and then only show / hide it instead. This way you do not need to create a brand new widget every time the menu is opened and the widget remembers its own state

Imagine if you adjusted a music volume slider; next time you F to open the menu, you create a new widget again - its slider will be at default settings… unless you save it → load it → restore widget.

1 Like

And if you’re asking about how to get
it to work with FlipFlop:

The widget has just a button and no script. All the opening / closing logic is in this blueprint. And only one widget is created; and it’s done only once.