How to Report Content

Here is a brief overview of how to report content on the EDC website and forums.

Users:

If you are being harassed or continually insulted by a community member, you can report them. Click on their profile picture from the post or private message. On the top right of their profile, you will see a button to “Report User”. Click on it and you will be redirected to a form allowing you to give more information with your report.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.19.52 AM

Learning:

If you see any content in the learning section that could be considered inappropriate, please click on the the “Report Tutorial” button in the top right corner of the post. You will find this button under all of the content types in the Learning Library. The Learning Library is available for all of the different products on the EDC website.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 11.43.58 AM

Forums:

Under each post in the EDC forums, you will see a flag on the bottom right of the post. Click on the flag icon to report the post. You will receive a pop-up allowing you to give more information with your report.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 10.24.03 AM

Direct (Private) Messages: You can also report DMs (Direct Messages) in the same manner as reporting a post. You will see a flag on the bottom right of the DM post. Click on the flag icon to report the post. You will receive a pop-up allowing you to give more information with your report.

Snippets:

If you find a snippet that contains inappropriate content or is malicious in nature, (could cause issues with crashing, etc) Click on the “Report Snippet” Button in the top left of the post.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 11.44.36 AM

Please let us know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

Is it really necessary to make something that works on stock Discourse so well so overcomplicated here?

I wanted to report a simple spam post:

On most Discourse based forum, I can just flag the post and click ok:

But no, when it comes to web stuff, everything from Epic has to be so overcomplicated :frowning:
Flag post takes me to external website:

And the external website requires me to select the reason for flagging again, from a set of different choices, and then requires me to sign in again to another system, when I am already signed in to the forums.

Then, of course, the external reporting site login process will want 2FA verification from me (because it forgets user login session all the time):

People are going to report issues much less when there’s so much friction in the reporting process.

5 Likes

is a marketing tactic, there is a relationship between time/mental stamina you have to use in figuring complicated rules and how invested in a product you become after this.

unfortunately they either don’t care/didn’t bother about removing this trick from critical parts of the website, like spam or harassment reporting, or it was done on purpose.

• I mean, once you’re logged in it’s easy enough… but I was already logged in!
  • what’s more bothersome - previously, flagged posts became immediately hidden. Now they remain as they were, which defeats the purpose, imho.
  • what follows, this may result in multiple reports on a simple automated spam post. And since those post are not hidden by default, someone will need to manually go through the reports? Seems counterproductive. And yes, this also mean the same post can be reported multiple times by the same person.

People are going to report issues much less when there’s so much friction in the reporting process.

Seconded. Nice to have more tools but this is a step back. This cannot be the intended functionality.

1 Like