How to render sequencer movie with viewport mode lighting only.

Hi,

Is there a way to render a movie that looks like the “Lighting Only” viewport mode? Or any viewport mode since while using a cinemtic viewport, any viewport mode can be selected, but it can’t be rendered out that way with render movie??

I make movies in this viewport mode because it’s so useful to do before the materials in a scene are done, and thus would be of great benefit to send to clients as lighting only without being held up by incomplete materials and such.

Another use case would be for showing wireframes in movies for portfolios or whatever.

p.s. I’m not asking how to render different passes.

1 Like

You could execute a console command in your level blueprint on begin play, ‘viewmode wireframe’ or ‘viewmode unlit’.

Hi there, the above is great and allows you to record in unlit and wireframe mode, however I’ve had no such luck when attempting to record in ‘detail lighting’. Is there some way to do this, something I’m missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MileyRDT

hey miley there is a way , on begin play execute a console command “viewmode lit_detaillighting”

Hi ellyome, thanks for that, I’ll give it a try :wink:

Hello, I stumbled upon this while trying to do the same thing, and I figured out how to do it. ellyome’s answer was correct, but the console command is not correct. It should be “viewmode detaillighting” without the “lit_” prefix.

Sorry, please ignore my previous statement. Here’s what worked for me:

262759-blueprint.jpg

For some reason, the “lit_” prefix is not required for “viewmode lightingonly”

3 Likes

Hello, this only seem to work if you have a player possessing a pawn.

How would someone have this working with a CineCameraActor?

The problem I’m having is that possessing a pawn would render the sequence from the pawn’s camera instead of the CineCameraActor. Not possessing a pawn would render the sequence from CineCameraActor but would not execute the console command.

2 Likes

Its better to use on the

Render Options, change the Image Output Format TO → Custom Render Passes, then on the Composition Graph you can change it to ADD RENDER PASS.

Thank you so much ! Saved my day !

change the gamemode settings which can go with cineactor .changing in level blueprint does’nt effect the camera.as it is req for portfolios

Sorry this is so unbelievably late, this helped a huge amount, thank you very much :slight_smile:

I’m reviving this thread, much appreciated if someone can put the dots just a little closer together for me. I’m needing to render a Cinematic using Unlit. What exactly are the steps?; once I click Render Locally, the preview window pops up, would I still have access to Console? Woud I use “viewmode unlit”? Is there another step(s) involving gamemode settings? Thanks for pointing a newb.

Update, too easy, see it’s right there in the dropdown under Custom Render Passes, didn’t see this originally, had to enablr the plugin.